Generative AI has become increasingly prevalent, offering developers the opportunity to create a wide range of applications. While many use cases are valuable and beneficial, some startups and companies have developed rather unusual generative AI applications. Despite concerns about bias, privacy, and copyright, the majority of businesses believe that the benefits of generative AI outweigh the risks. However, there are still some peculiar use cases that have emerged.
1. The AI Toothbrush: Oral-B’s Genius X Electric toothbrush uses AI to track and provide real-time feedback on brushing techniques, improving dental hygiene.
2. AI for the Kitchen: Flippy, a kitchen robot developed by Miso, uses AI algorithms and sensors to fry food, increasing consistency and reducing costs for restaurants.
3. AI Fake News Generator: Grover is an AI tool designed to create fake news articles that are almost indistinguishable from those written by humans. It also has the ability to identify self-generated fake news with high accuracy.
4. Cat’s Pain Detector: An AI-powered web application developed in Japan uses image analysis to detect pain in cats, helping owners understand their pets’ well-being.
5. AI Penis Recognition Tool: A Singapore healthcare platform has created an app that allows users to anonymously send digital images of their penises to be analyzed for STDs and other conditions.
6. AI-Powered Electric Shoes: Moonwalkers are walking shoes that learn and automate movement patterns, providing an effortless walking experience for users.
7. AI Whiskey: Mackmyra Whiskey partnered with Microsoft and Fourkind to create an AI-developed whiskey by feeding existing recipes, sales data, and customer preferences into the AI model.
8. AI Mattress: The HEKA AI mattress uses real-time data collection and autonomous adaptations to optimize pressure distribution and support for personalized sleeping positions.
9. AI Perfume: Algorithmic Perfumery is an AI-driven scent creation platform that allows users to explore and customize scents from an internal library, offering new ways to interact with fragrance.
10. AI Pastors and Preachers: AI-based chatbots and avatars, such as Meadow in South Korea and a ChatGPT bot in Germany, are offering biblical guidance and conducting services, although there are concerns about the spiritual impact of AI on worshippers.
While generative AI continues to gain popularity and offers numerous benefits, it is important to consider the societal impact and potential risks associated with these unconventional use cases.